We are anticipating the debut of Windows 8 in October to be a real head turner for many with the new Metro style apps, new tablets, and not to mention a complete overhaul on the OS (Much more than I can explain); so we are getting a jump start on understanding how to develop apps ourselves. Having the ability to utilize all of our web development skills to create new awesome apps in Windows 8 is extremely compelling for us. For those who want to get a jump start we recommend watching the following videos:
- What Web Developers Need to Know when Building Metro style Apps
- Building Windows 8 Metro style UIs
- Integrating with Windows 8 Experiences
- Using Windows Runtime and SDK to Build Metro style Apps
- What’s new in Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio Tips and Tricks
We would love to chat with folks who are developing or wanting an app!